Kirby's Adventure



Game: Kirby's Adventure
System: NES

Oh this game. This game was full of surprises. When I started playing this game I thought...oh this another cutesy Kirby game. It is a step up from the Gameboy one. Yay for him. He is rocking the pink color joint now. WOOHOO. Oh did that all change.
Most of the game is just like the Gameboy one. The levels are the same but now you can absorb enemies that give you their powers. I was always happy with the sword or the cutter. I never even knew about the UFO until by accident. That was definitely an overpowered ability. Weeeee, I'm floating like a UFO across the stage...you can't see me!!! I did find this game very tedious. I was becoming very bored because overall it is just a Kirby game. It wasn't meant to be super difficult.

Boss 1: Whispy Woods


Hell yeah he's back. He's doing his thing!.....which is not much different than the Gameboy one. lol. I think roots came out of the game which caused me to fly instead of stand there shooting stars at him.

Boss 2: Paint Roller


This guy was a pain in the ass. It's not so much as a difficulty pain in the ass but rather just....a pain in the ass. He jumps sporadically and you have to know where to fly to avoid him. Ugh. His paintings that turn into enemies are pointless. He's just a pain.

Boss 3: Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright


UGH. These mother fuckers right here. Now when I played this particular game they were fine. They weren't that hard, but wait until you play them in Dreamland 2. I'll give them credit though because this idea of a boss is really cool. I love the duo and how they work together...but again...they aren't bad here but oh you wait in the next game.

Boss 4: Kracko


You still can't go wrong with this guy. He was still easy. You just need to avoid him and the lightning. Go figure.

Boss 5: Heavy Mole


I thought this was a cool idea. You follow him as he destroys the path in front of him. As he shoots enemies out the back you shoot or hit him from behind. Just avoid his extending arms and you'll be fine. I died a few times playing him because of the fact that his movements make it hard to follow and hit him. TOO MUCH GOING ON.

Boss 6: Meta Knight
 

I don't know why this guy gets so much hype. You can't fight him with anything else but a sword. Great. Whatever. I'm still going to button mash you to death and kill you quicker then you could handle. I am assuming he becomes cooler in future Kirby games? I'm new to all of these Kirby games so I guess I will just have to see.

Final Boss: King Dedede


You have no idea how very happy I was to finally get to this boss. This game was very tedious so to reach him was a relief that I'd soon be moving on to the next game. He wasn't too bad. They upgraded him from the last game to be a little harder. It wasn't anything too difficult. I think him in general is just lame and easy. After beating him I was glad to forever end this game.....until I became surprised.......

As the game began to end all of a sudden the fountain ball in the background starts to do dramatic things. When I saw this beginning to escalate I immediately thought...oh cool...there must be a bad ending leading to another game. That's smart!



...then I started fighting the ball. Oh did it take a lot of lives to get used to the style of fighting this ball was doing. WHY the hell am I fighting this ball? Then the craziest thing ever happened after I finally got used to fighting this ball....the ground approaches you and if you didn't manage to kill it earlier then you are dead. UGH. That means I have to fight it faster and make sure I hit this sporadic moving boss before that ground squishes me. Are you serious with this? When did this game escalate to this point? The entire time it was cutesy and tedious. After finally defeating the ball...OMG...the escalation did not end.

Final True Boss: Nightmare


What the fuck is this??? Where the hell am I??? This boss was absolutely no joke. You just kind of have to experience this for yourself. I don't know why Nintendo decided to put all the epic cool stuff into the very end. He was HARD. AS. HELL. It took me at least 30 something lives to figure out just how to hit him. He does have a pattern but it takes some time to get used too. Remember, you can't just hit him whenever he is near. He is immune to your attacks. The only way to hit him is to hit the fuzzy part underneath him, which is covered 80% of the time. It is a LONG battle so be ready to chill. After 50-60 lives later I did beat him. You do feel good about defeating this boss. You should after this game went into steroids mode. He truly was a nightmare.

WHY IS KIRBY FIGHTING THIS???


When did this game become so dark????