Donkey Kong Country 3



Game: Donkey Kong 3
System: SNES

Ugh. I'm not going to lie but I really don't like this game. I did not like the overworld layout. I did not like each individual world, or level, or much of anything. I feel like they ruined all of the Donkey Kong characters. Kiddy Kong can die for all I care, and trust me he did. Even the animal friends seemed ruined. Wtf is that pig animal? He was useless. I did like the secret volcano world. There were some pretty cool levels in there. I'm going to tell you now I doubt I'll be playing this game again. They took Diddy and Donkey out of the game. Main characters. For real?

Boss 1: Belcha

Are you serious with this? This was a blatant insult to Donkey Kong. I'm not even going to talk about him. Moving on...

Boss 2: Arich

Sigh. This boss was no better. I did like the racing we did in that one stage. I had to beat the time of that angry bear, whatever his name was. This boss was dumb. I have nothing else to say about him. Hit him in the head with the barrel.

Boss 3: Squirt

This world introduced that damn elephant. HAH, I called him a pig in the beginning of this post. That's what he gets. I'm not changing it either. He can be pig, rat, trash, whatever the hell he wants. (Notice I'm not talking about this insult of a boss.)

Boss 4: Kaos

He was cool. I liked his idea. I can't remember any level in specific from this world because I really don't care but he was an alright boss. Super easy but with all the crap bosses before him...UGH. I totally understand why they chilled from making Donkey Kong games for a good while. This was just that bad. I know I should probably be discussing the levels and my experiences with them more then just the bosses but you have to understand...we all know donkey kong levels. Get to the end. Nothing stands out. I'll mention a level when one is cool but the only real thing to talk about are the bosses.

Boss 5: Bleak

Nope. The picture says it all about how stupid this boss was. I hated the world too. Snow levels.

Boss 6: Barbos

I will kind of ish give them this boss. He was fairly difficult. I did like this world. It was a lot of rope stuff and those stages were hard. He was a pretty hard boss if you didn't know what you were doing. Once you got the hang of aiming those shell missiles then you were good. At least they didn't ruin Engaurde in this game. You can't ruin my boy. I also forgot to mention I did like the water levels in this game. I liked how you had to keep that one fish happy by eating other fish instead of the spikey clam things. That was a fun level, and then there was the level you had to hit all of those light bulb fish. That was a good idea. Ok, I'll give some things to this game for being good....some.

Final Boss: Baron K. Roolenstein

Hah. Come on Nintendo...you are killing me with these names. I did however really liked this boss. He had the same kind of difficult scenarios as DK2. You really had to know what you were doing to beat him. The electrical beam at the bottom made this a pretty cool boss. He was hard if you had never played this game before. The stages in this world were ok as well. I really liked the lightning stages where you had to avoid being struck by lightning. I also like the inverse level where the controls were backwards. I'm glad you guys started thinking near the end of the completion of this game.

OH SNAP...you fight him again in Krematoa. This was the only part of the game that was ok. The levels in Krematoa were hard and actually required skill. The rocket level was an awesome idea. When I first played this level I died 238623432 times because CANT GO LEFT FAST ENOUGH OMGGGG. Lol. K Rool in this world was actually hard. I still tend to die while playing him. It is all about precise throwing with the barrel. I hated the electrical beams shooting out at the steel barrel. I always chose the wrong side and died. He is a long boss but a good one. Yes, the only way to get to Krematoa was by getting all of the bonus coins.


I was not a fan of the banana birds idea. The whole time I was searching for the caves I thought, "who the hell cares about this?" Even the ending where the big banana mom threw the egg at K Rool....it was dumb. DUMB. I hate this game.